Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
Getting Started For .NET 2010
Crystal Studio is no longer installed with Visual Studio 2010. It's a separate download and install. The 2 problems you will run into is: 1. The Crystal Reports Viewer is gone. 2. Your Code won't work.
Before you begin make sure and uninstall any BETA versions.
Step 1: Download Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
- Go to www.sdn.sap.com
- Click on the arrow to expand Business Intelligence
- Click on the arrow to expand SDK Application Development
- Click on Crystal Reports for .NET
- Click on Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Production Release
- Download the Complete Package (EXE)
- Complete Package (EXE)
- Click Once
- Merge Modules
- Redist Installation (32 bit)
- Redist Installation (64 bit)
Step 2: What Happened to the Crystal Reports Viewer?
When you go to Project, Add New Item, Crystal Report is still there. However, if you want to add a Crystal Reports Viewer to a Form, it is missing. ToolBox -> Reporting -> Crystal Reports Viewer is Gone.
- Step 1: Open a new project and go to Project, Properties
- Step 2: Change .NET Framework 4 Client Profile to .NET Framework 4
- Step 3: Select Yes to apply changes and close the project
- Reopen Project after it closes.
Step 3: Why doesn't my code work?
The problem with .NET Framework 4.0 is with compatibility issues (DLL) with old Code and the new Visual Studio application.
In the app.config file, change <startup> to <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy=”true”>