Denon DN-HS5500 releases random Cue Slip fix
10 months after it's End-of-life (EOL) announcement, Denon has release a firmware for the DN-HS5500. It promises to fix the Random Cue Slip many users have been complaining about that was added with the last SYS 1300 update.
NEW DN-HS5500 SOFTWARE SYS 1400 (Dec 2009)
In order to DL the latest DN-HS5500 OR DN-HS5500CD firmware, you need to join our Denon DJ Club, here:
Register yourself and player(s)
Once you register, you will be able to see the DL file in your account.
Unzip the DL in a folder of your choice, then follow the easy .pdf "Read Me" directions.
How to check your version number is here;
(Please read the instructions that come with the DL file)
Latest Plug In’s: v1400 (as of December 22, 2009)
- • Added Mixed-CD support which avoids "Disc Error"
• Improved Pitch lock setting was lost after layer switching
• Improved Drag-start sound issue at remote side of D-sync mode
• Improved Random Marker Point drift when scratching
• Improved Cue Point drift when scratching after DUMP/Reverse mode
• Improved MIDI performance for MAC OS X10.5.7 & X10.6
• Improved Vinyl disc Cue point from moving out of Cue during heavy bass or hard vibration
• Improved Vinyl disc marker drift when changing FWD/BOTH direction switch while scratching
• Improved CD-TEXT character length for "Track Name"
• Improved Pitch fader response feeling
• Improved Very low bitrate MP3 plays with some noise
• Improved freezing issue when adding file to playlist in playlist create utility
• Improved Nextmemo Cue point is wrongly loaded when cue is located far from head of file
• Improved Jumping to another file after canceling NEXT Tr Mode and Quick Jump/Fast Search was used
However, DawidWarsaw has already confirmed 3 problems. Check out the forum here.