J.J.’s DN-S3700 + Serato Scratch Live XML MIDI Mapper
I finished the Custom MIDI Mapper XML for the DN-S3700 and Serato Scratch Live. I will now work on updating the PDF and create a video. With Scratch Live 2.5.0, Serato added enabled MIDI out so your precious buttons will light up.
NEW 3/09/15 With MIDI Out
DN-S3700 SSL Custom MIDI Updated 3/09/15 4 Deck Layout
4 Deck = C-A-B-D. MIDI Channel 1 = A Left Deck. MIDI Channel 2 = B Right Deck. MIDI Channel 3 = C Far Left Deck. MIDI Channel 4 = D Far Right Deck.
4 DECK PowerOnPlay DN-S3700 v1.4.0
PowerOnPlay DN-S3700 v1.2.3
Left Deck = MIDI Channel 5
Right Deck = MIDI Channel 6
Denon uses "Control Change" instead of "Note On" "Note Off". Because of this, you would have to enter the MIDI Out XML file manually. Or just download the latest ZIP found above (once you logon). <h2>Hex to Dex</h2> CC no: 074 = ON ; 075 = OFF ; 076 = FLASH Controller range no's: 1 = disc eject 2 = playlist 5 = platter mode (green) 6 = platter mode (orange) 7 = pitch range 8 = key adj 9 = tap 11= echo/loop 13= flanger 15= filter 17= hot start 1(bright orange) 18= hot start 1 (dim) 19= hot start 2 (bright) 20= hot start 2 (dim) 21= hot start 3 (bright) 22= hot start 3 (dim) 29= next track 30= parameters 35= flip 36= loop set in (A)(bright) 38= CUE 39= PLAY 40= brake 41= dump 42= loop set out (B)(Dim) 43= autoloop 44= exit 45= dry/wet rotary 58= reverse 62= loop set in (A) (dim) 64= loop set out (B) (bright) 66= exit/reloop 67= left blue led (display) 68= right blue led (display) 72= blue led (very front)
Hex to Dex
Here is an example of what Scratch Live does: (Output name="Play Forward A") (On channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="67" value="127" /) (Off channel="5" event_type="Note Off" control="67" value="0" /) This is how you would have the manually change in the XML file. 74 Turns the LED ON while 75 Dims the LED instead of just turning it Off. [Output name="Play Forward A"] [On channel="5" event_type="Control Change" control="74" value="39" /] [Off channel="5" event_type="Control Change" control="75" value="39" /] [/Output]
Here is an example of what Scratch Live does:
[dcs_hidden title="ASIO Info: You don't need this for Scratch Live" color="#555555" ]
Use the latest DN-S3700 Software update and the latest ASIO. If you have Windows 7 64-bit, use Denon DJ ASIO 2.1. Otherwise, use ASIO 1.01.
***Follow the official instructions from the PDF. I will update this area when it's out.***
Firmware to be released end of October 2010
- Create a user account here: http://www.denondj.com/denon-dj-Club.aspx
You will need the serial number of your DN-S3700 handy.
- When completed, download the v2000 firmware (.zip) to a folder.
- Go to that folder and unzip the file. Put the .bin file at the root of a FAT/FAT 32 formatted USB Memory Device.
- Turn off the DN-S3700.
- Push and hold these two keys and power up > [Back + Next Track] on the DN-S3700.
- Once the display says VerUp Mode Push Cue, you can release the two buttons.
- Press the CUE button and confirm the new version number.
- Press the PLAY/PAUSE button to update.
- ***Follow the official instructions from the PDF. I will update this area when it's out.***
- Wait till the display says PleasePowOff (about 90-sec).
- Power the DN-S3700 down and your done.
ASIO 2.10 For Windows 7 64-bit only:
• 2.1 is optimized for 8in/8out
• You need it in order to run 64-bit
• You need this version if you have a DN-X1600 or DN-X1700 mixer
ASIO 1.01 For Windows 7 32-bit (XP, Vista):
• 1.01 is optimized for 4in/4out
• Utilizes less audio channels = smaller buffer size setting is possible